Wednesday, October 2, 2013

fall 2013 love list

I always tend to feel more adventurous in the fall. Maybe it's a way to keep the chill out of my cold, dead heart - or maybe I'm feeling a little melancholy about getting paler by the second, but I've always been excited to try new makeup tips, new clothing trends and...I mean...pumpkin everything, am I right?

  • I thought I'd be a grown up and learn how to do a red lip. I wanted something that wasn't too much of a commitment (both to put on and money-wise) so I went for this berry red by Rimmel London. It's from the Kate Moss collection, shade 09. I'm a strictly chapstick girl, so this was a big jump for me, but so far so good! It's moisturizing and a great color.
via

  • That sweet hubs of mine wanted to treat me one weekend to something I wouldn't normally buy for myself - so we headed straight to the MAC counter and I picked up an eye shadow pot in 'Honey Lust.' I've always loved a good shimmer eye shadow and I love how this looks dressed up and casual at the same time. Is that possible?
via

  • Ever since I've started galavanting about as a working lady, I've been trying to get used to the idea of having some days (in my all casual, all the time office) be a little dressier than others. And that, to me, means high heels/wedges, a non t-shirt and actually doing my hair. So these Toms wedge booties are perfect for me and incredibly comfortable! They go with everything.

via

  • I wasn't kidding about the pumpkin thing, but this year I decided that instead of buying pre-packaged pumpkin treats - I'd try making some myself. And then I never shut up about it. You guys, these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make and so good! I've already made two batches (but we've given most of them away - I swear we aren't hoarding them like they are the new currency) with plans for a third. Go metabolism!

via
What have you been splurging/eating/wearing this fall?

2 comments:

  1. love your blog! your adorable :) excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading, Taylor! :) Your little girl is beautiful!

      Delete