Friday, November 1, 2013

a purse to call home

 I don't know about you guys, but I'm kind of a purse hoarder. I have a bunch of different bags in different colors and materials, but they always seem to be the same size. Super huge large extra double big.

I used to joke with my friends in high school about categorizing my purses my the number of heads I could fit in them. To explain, we were all big theatre nerds and thought this was hilarious. We actually tested this big pink purse I carried around most of high school and found (by convincing people to stick their head in my purse at the same time) that it could fit 3 heads at one time. We were weird

Then, once I hit college, I stopped carrying a purse and just used my backpack for carrying my essentials. It got kind of annoying on the weekends when I'd go out with my roommates and need a place to put my lip gloss or my keys, but one of us was usually the designated purse carrier and we'd toss all of our junk in the same bag and fish it out at the end if the night. Again, weird.

Now that I don't have a need for a backpack and am no longer in the never ending quest for the biggest possible purse, I've found a happy medium.

This picture doesn't do it justice...it's the perfect, bright red.
I just bought this purse from Target on Saturday. The size is perfect-not too big and not too little. I also have a thing for brightly colored purses. I tend to wear a lot of neutrals- so I love using accessories like fun shoes or bright purses to add some color. I also love that the strap can be shortened for wearing on the shoulder or lengthened to wear as a cross body.

Here are some other fun bags I've been loving lately.
Rebecca Minkoff
Michael Kors
Marc Jacobs
(for those wanting to take out a small loan for a purse)



Do you guys love purses as much as I do? Any fun bags you've been wanting?

Thanks for reading! You can follow my daily goings on via instagram, twitter, pinterest - or you can Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

2 comments:

  1. LOL to the comment about taking out a small loan for a purse. I die over Rebecca Minkoff.. but my coordinator paycheck says no :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. Although I was pleasantly surprised at the price of the Mini MACs...ain't too bad for a designer goody. :)

      Delete