Wednesday, January 15, 2014

gel ya later, polish!

(Did you get my title pun? I'm not so great at titles. Sorry.)

For Christmas, Jonathan gave me a gel polish light so that I can give myself gel manicures instead of going to the salon to get them. It's awesome. And it's also been a fun test to see how terrible I am at painting my nails!
It's one thing to paint with a normal polish and get the color all over (which happens 98% of the time when I paint my nails) - because you can always use nail polish remover to get the excess off. With gel polish? You are committed and it's basically stuck to your skin until you die.
Or two weeks. Whichever comes sooner.

I love how shiny and smooth the polish is - and it's really quick and easy. There is also NO dry time.
Polish dry time is my mortal enemy.

My newest color is called Island Oasis (you can see it in the picture). I'm OVER winter and needed a fun teal color to get me through the bitter cold.

I highly recommend getting a gel polish system if you want a long-lasting manicure. I have the Sensationail by nailene system (glad I'm not the only one making bad puns, nailene). You can get a starter kit and additional polishes at Walmart. Luckily - just about any gel polish will work with any gel light and most companies are making pretty extensive gel polish lines so the options are constantly growing. Also, you can always use a regular nail polish and the gel top coat/light combo and you'll still get a long lasting manicure. It's a win win!

I'm just noticing that I'm a little overdramatic lately, right? Death, mortal enemies, bitter cold, etc. We've been watching a lot of old TV shows on Netflix lately. Blame it on ABC, man. I'm just a product of my environment. Speaking of, we're in desperate need of a new TV show...any recommendations?
Don't mind what's going on with my finger on the right. It was being dramatic this week as well.
Thanks for reading!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment