Thursday, January 16, 2014

glasses + tape + an adventurous spirit = ?

If you follow me on instagram (which if you don't you should - i'm hilarious and not ever boring ever), you'll know that my glasses broke last week.
It happened during a meeting and it was like they came alive and jumped off my face. Their first act as free glasses was to go to Disneyland. Their second act was to break. And break they did!
After rushing to Lenscrafters and begging them to fix them, I had glasses that were temporarily usable (and so clean! I love that they clean your glasses without you having to ask).
Once the weekend came, the temporary fix was caput and I was sick of having the ear piece spontaneously leap from my face every 30 minutes.
So I taped them. I was desperate and white paper tape didn't seem that bad.
It wasn't until I came out of my weekend haze that I was embarrassed about the white tape on my glasses, but I still need to SEE!
In an attempt to camouflage the tape, I colored it in with a black sharpie.

I know what you're thinking. I knooooow.
It looks totally stupid. But sort of classy? Like maybe it's just part of the tortoise shell design?
Here's a picture to prove it.
























I have new frames coming in the mail soon. I'll be sure to post the triumphant return of non-tape glasses once I have them.

Oh and you can also follow my blog with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment